In this episode, (and video above), I talk to Anton Saunders, PE, a Structural Engineer at Greenman-Pedersen Inc, located in Maitland, Florida, who recently obtained his PE license about how he used a three-phase process to prepare for the exam, and how to calm your nerves on exam day.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Anton:
- Can you speak more to how having a Masters in Civil Engineering impacted the process of obtaining your license, particularly in regards to the amount of experience required?
- What was your experience like taking the Civil Structural PE exam, and did you face any unexpected challenges during the exam?
- What strategies did you use to prepare for the PE exam, particularly in regards to creating a study guide schedule?
- How did practice problems contribute to your preparation for the PE exam, and what role did they play in solidifying your understanding of the material?
- Are there any other strategies or tips that you would recommend when studying for the PE exam?
- How important is self care and prepping yourself the day before the PE exam?
- What additional tips do you have for managing nerves and staying focused during the PE exam itself, particularly on the day of the test?
- Do you have any final piece of advice for listeners that will be taking the PE exam in the near future?