In this article, (and video above), I walk you through the steps of applying for your EIT certificate, after you have passed the FE exam.
Here Are the Five Steps to Apply for Your EIT Exam:
- Check the requirements for EIT certification in your state. Each state has its own requirements for EIT certification, so it’s important to check with your state board of engineering to find out what you need to do. In general, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution, have passed the FE exam, and have a certain number of years of engineering experience.
- Gather the required documentation. In addition to passing the FE exam, you will need to provide the state board with documentation of your education and experience. This may include transcripts from your university, letters of recommendation, and an engineering experience verification form.
- Complete the application form. The state board will have an application form that you will need to complete. This form will ask for your personal information, education, experience, and other relevant information.
- Pay the application fee. There is usually an application fee for EIT certification. The amount of the fee will vary from state to state.
- Submit your application. Once you have completed the application form and paid the fee, you can submit your application to the state board. The state board will review your application and approve or deny your request for EIT certification. If your application is approved, you will receive an EIT certificate in the mail.